Oshpitzin: A Guide to the Jewish History of Oświęcim
Before Auschwitz became the ultimate symbol of the Holocaust, it was just an ordinary Polish town known as Oświęcim. The majority of its citizens were Jewish. This new, beautiful guide to the traces of Jewish Oświęcim lets you make a personal connection to the vanished Jewish world of synagogues, schools, stores, and meeting places that existed before the Holocaust.
Produced by the Auschwitz Jewish Center, this mobile guide is a tribute to almost 500 years of Jewish history in Oświęcim which was overshadowed by the tragedy of Auschwitz and the Holocaust.
- Map of the historic Jewish sites in Oświęcim/Auschwitz;
- Augmented Reality feature that blends historical photographs into current camera views
- 3D model of the destroyed Great Synagogue, available for viewing in situ or with a printed QR code (available for direct download from www.oshpitzin.pl/marker.pdf) through the Augmented Reality feature;
- Survivor testimony videos about selected sites;
- Optional pre-defined walking route through the sites;
Once downloaded the app requires a short initial network connection (cellular or wifi) for self configuration. From that moment on it works 100% offline.
Oshpitzin: A Guide to the Jewish History of Oświęcim was made possible by generous funding from the Dutch Jewish Humanitarian Fund and the Małopolska Region of Poland.
Oshpitzin: A Guide to the Jewi is a free software application from the Recreation subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-04-23. The program can be installed on Android.
Oshpitzin: A Guide to the Jewi (version 1.0.7) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 4 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.